Here are some of the services I have provided clients over 40 years
- Restructured the debt of major companies, both out of court and in Chapter 11 cases;
- Led a municipality to restructure its debts in a four month Chapter 9 case;
- Been responsible as bankruptcy counsel for (i) DIP loans, (ii) purchase or sale of assets from Chapter 11 debtors and (iii) exit financings for plans of reorganization, representing (a) debtors, (b) secured lenders and (c) new capital providers; and
- Acted as lead trial counsel concerning all these kinds of issues involving billions of dollars.
Details of some major representations
- Represented Continental Airlines in its Chapter 11 case in Delaware, successfully reorganizing this $9 billion company.
- Represented Metals USA in its Houston Chapter 11 case, in which this billion dollar revenue company converted $400 million of debt to equity, and emerged from bankruptcy in less than a year with the best balance sheet in its industry.
- Represented the Town of Mammoth Lakes, California in a Chapter 9 case that was successfully completed in four months.
- Represented Yukos Oil Company in its effort to stop expropriation of its assets and reorganize through a U.S. Chapter 11 case, and to resist liquidation and propose a plan of reorganization in connection with a U.S. Chapter 15 case.
- Represented a successful competing bidder who purchased substantially all the assets of Stone & Webster for $700 million in an auction conducted in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
- Represented a number of major foreign banks in a successful trial and appeal through the U.S. Supreme Court of a U.S. involuntary bankruptcy petition against foreign citizens, who defaulted on over $300 million of debt in their country of origin, then came to live in the U.S.